Posted on 17th Aug 2015 in Release Notes
“Hip-Hop dance refers to street dance styles primarily performed to hip-hop music or that have evolved as part of hip-hop culture.” – Wikipedia
New features and UI Modifications
- Launching of MISSION module
Missions are ideally management of complete Business Process, popularly know as Business Process Management. Its fun and simple to use. One can map their complete field operations using this tool.
For e.g. a case of Online Laundry where the first task is Pickup of items from Customer, then washing > drying > ironing and finally delivery. The complete process involves 5 stages and probably 5 different field executive. FarEye Missions brings to you the capability of managing all these seamlessly.
Just hold your breath for the enormous capabilities of Missions. We are still working on boosting its power.
- Revert transaction status option now available on Mobile App
If field agents have done some status update by mistake, they can revert it back to previous status. This feature can be enabled or disabled by the Administrator
- New type of Radio Buttons for mobile app – The value is populated from Job Data
You can have different drop down options on the mobile app for each transaction. For e.g. if you have to apply variable charges based on Weight, this is the tool to use.
- Application Optimisations
This new app release has been further optimised so as to maximize efficiency and speed in retrieval, storage, or execution. If an average Job size per user is 30 per day, the resources (network, time, space etc.) utilised would be lowered down by 45-50%. Here are some of the key optimisations:
- Job master download – This will be done only once and will be re-downloaded only when there is change in master on server
- TLS/SSL Optimisations – This improved the speed with which the application communicates with server
- Job Listing – The time to prepare an average Job List of 30 on the mobile has been brought down by 85%
- Dashboard Analytics – This has been corrected and further optimised. The manager dashboards are now accurate and faster.
- Query Optimisations – A lot of queries running on the mobile app as well as servers have been further optimised to use indexes, batch operations and prepared statements.
- Using Shared Preference instead of Static Java variables for Android
- Adding Connection time outs for 2G/Edge communication – The application will now throw No Internet Connection exception in case no network response for 2 minutes
- Logical separation of Reporting server
We are moving towards this direction slowly. As a first step we have moved the Transaction Dump download under Utilities > Reports > Dump Download and we manage this using Queues.
- Fixed – Card payment check transaction status on server not working properly.
- Fixed – Card payment not captured properly if user presses back button after swiping card.
- Fixed – In Manager panel, assigned branches are sometimes shown twice.
- Fixed – Assign order : return error message if run-sheet is already uploaded