Position : Industry Analyst – Retail
Experience : 5-7 Years
Location : Chicago, IL (Desired), Remote applicants welcome
We are currently looking for an Industry Analyst, Retail.
● Research: Identify and understand trends in the Retail sector. Review sales and financial performance of all the vendors in a sector and assess their future strategies. Understand what customers are buying and assess their reasons for choosing logistics tech suppliers. Gather data on market share, market size and trends that may affect market size or share in the future. Rank competitors in a market sector against measurable criteria, such as growth in market share, or intangible factors, such as reputation for innovation or customer service.
● Reporting: Produce customized reports ranging from individual client’s performance, platform performance or value realization, industry & competitive overview.
● Thought Leadership: Develop forward thinking white papers on where industry is heading considering macro (e.g. regulation) and micro (e.g. supply chain) influences. Influence product strategy internally and as requested, present findings in conferences, analyst calls.
Experience & Knowledge
● Bachelor's degree in market research, statistics, math, or computer science required, Masters in Market Research or Statistics highly preferred.
● 3-5 years’ experience in market research.
● 3-5 years of experience in the retail industry, supporting logistics and consumer experience functions.
● Expert proficiency in power point, excel.
● Knowledge in analytics tools preferred.