The core responsibility of this role is to identify business goals and challenges and work closely with Product, Engineering, Sales and other internal teams to deliver a compelling solution. The Solutions Engineer will deliver online and in person product demonstrations, proof of concepts, and pre-sales training. This position acts as the trusted technical advisor when engaging with customers, prospects, and partners. The primary focus is to influence potential customers of FarEye’s technical superiority, while collaborating and supporting Account Executives in their efforts to champion and sell FarEye Solutions.
● Uses knowledge of Logistics & FarEye products and solutions to assess and educate customers on the value of FarEye products using consultative selling skills
● Builds in-depth knowledge of clients’ technical priorities, challenges and initiatives and maps those needs to FarEye products and solutions
● Builds relationships within the account to become the trusted technical advisor
● Responsible for working with Account Executives in proposing solutions that meet customers’ needs
● Intuitively working with internal sales and customer teams to keep them abreast of changes in product delivery plans in order to meet the assessed requirements.
● Ability to identify differences between customized and core product offerings on an as is basis.
● Create and maintain pre-sales material and collateral
● Develop and implement proof of concept sessions with potential customers
● Deliver pre-sales training
● Deliver online and in-person product demonstrations
● Up to 50% Travel
Experience & Knowledge
● B Tech or higher in Computer Science/IT/Electronics & Communication
● Support sales by using a “solutions-oriented” approach that uses consultative sales techniques
● Possess an analytical skill set, strong presentation skills and the ability to interact with any level within an organization
● Must be comfortable describing technical software solutions to various business groups within an organization
● Experience in Delivery and Implementations ideally in a b2b SaaS environment
● Receptive to change – Must be flexible. Seeks and adopts improved approaches and processes.
● Initiates action – Results oriented, takes responsibility for actions and outcomes. Acts with the customer in mind, meets commitments and strives for high performance.
● Ability to Prioritize - makes timely decisions, prioritizes effectively, solves problems, monitors results and takes remedial action where necessary.
● Takes responsibility for own learning - knows personal strengths and recognizes development needs. Is open to feedback and always seeks to learn.
● Communicates ideas – good facilitation and written communication, proposes a way forward. Listens to views of colleagues and takes in diverse perspectives.
● Works collaboratively – shares information, fosters teamwork and contributes to a positive work environment where people want to come to work.
● Display ethical character and competence - acts with integrity and intent, is accountable for own actions, behaves according to the values